By Eileen Ogintz
Lucky you, having the time, energy, good health and budget to host your grandchildren for a magical Orlando vacation!
There’s nothing more fun than seeing the excitement on your little princess’ face when she meets her favorite princess. The same, of course, goes for introducing your young grandson to his famous super hero or sharing in their first roller coaster ride.
Not only does Orlando have more than ever before for the youngest park goers, but September may be the best month to visit. The crowds are gone and there are values galore, with VisitOrlando.com/September offering 30 days of savings up to 50 percent off during Magical Deal Month this September.
September is also National Grandparents Month, with the chance to get a special premium membership to Grandparents.com that includes additional Orlando discounts.
But before you set foot in Orlando, make sure:
- Everyone is in agreement on who is paying for what.
- There’s built-in time for the youngest park goers to get a nap during the day—and grandparents to get a break, if they want one. (Stay somewhere with easy transport from the hotel to the parks.)
- There’s the opportunity for family members to split up to see different attractions.
- Everyone is clear on how much Grandma and Grandpa want to babysit at night—and how much time they want on their own.
- Restaurant reservations have been made in advance, especially because September is Magical Dining Month when three-course meals from international celebrity chefs cost only $33 at dinner. It guarantees you a celebratory evening, with less waiting in line or time wasted trying to find a place for the group to eat.
At Walt Disney World, this is easier than ever before with Disney’s new MyMagic+ that allows you to create a Family & Friends list to plan your vacation, pre-book FastPass+ experiences and reservations, pose for pictures and manage it all on the free My Disney Experience mobile app.
Most important, don’t force anyone to ride an attraction—kids or adult. There is always next time.
Get Our 7 Travel Tips
Subscribe to get 7 essential family travel tips and our weekly newsletter filled with tips, tricks, and info for family travelers.