Disclosure: I am a member of the Red Sox Moms Club. All opinions are my own.
Baseball spring training is right around the corner, despite the cold temperatures outside. If you, like me, are ready for the Red Sox to take the field this spring, this special event is just for you. The Boston Red Sox are hosting a their first ever Baseball Winter Weekend this upcoming weekend. Running from Friday January 23 through Sunday, January 25th, at Foxwoods Resort and Casino in Mashantucket, Connecticut, fans have the option of attending for just one day or the entire weekend. During this family-friendly weekend event, fans have the opportunity to interact with Red Sox players, hear from owners, and listen to roundtable discussions on a variety of baseball topics.
Red Sox Baseball Winter Weekend events include:
- Photo opportunities with Wally the Green Monster and the World Series trophies.
- A Red Sox pitching booth where kids can test their fastball.
- An opportunity to connect with various players, alumni, and Red Sox front office members.
- Panel discussions for adults to hear about how statistical analysis has changed the game and stories from the 1975 team (currently celebrating the 40th anniversary of that season)
- A Red Sox beer garden
- A chance to meet players and get autographs.
- There’s also a ping pong tournament, a fan zone, and much more!
Passes for the Red Sox Baseball Winter Weekend are available online now at redsox.com/winterweekend. A pass for all three days is $50 per adult and $10 for children 14 and under. Toddlers under three are free. A one-day pass for Saturday (when most of the activities are scheduled), is $40 per adult and $10 for children. Season Ticket Holders’ prices (for adults) are reduced by $10, and their children’s price for the three-day pass is $8. A list of expected players and full itinerary of events is available on the website so you can plan your trip accordingly.
Major League Baseball trademarks and copyrights are used with permission of MLB Advanced Media, L.P. All rights reserved.