Disclosure: This is a sponsored post. All opinions are my own.
This summer, if you are looking for vacation freedom with your family, Greater Williamsburg is a fantastic option. Greater Williamsburg, which includes the three cities of Williamsburg, Jamestown, and Yorktown, offers so many different activity choices. Whether you want to learn about history, explore nature, shop, or ride a roller coaster (or do a little bit of everything in one trip), you’ll be able to find the perfect activities. It’s also a great destination for a multi-generational trip, because everyone in your group will find lots of things to do.
Here are just some of the many things you’ll find to do in Greater Williamsburg.
- Busch Gardens Williamsburg – check out the new Tempesto roller coaster, visit during one of the many events during the holidays, and much more. Tickets are available for single or multi-day trips.
- Colonial Williamsburg – Go back in time and learn about history in this popular attraction, where you’ll also find restaurants and shops. It’s a great way for kids to learn about the American Revolution by watching and experiencing.
- Water Country USA – Cool off at this water park which is great for kids.
Everyone knows about the popular attractions, but did you also know that Greater Williamsburg offers lots of fantastic outdoor fun, like kayaking, biking, hiking, and more? There are also parks, gardens, beaches, and much more for families that want to get outside and explore.
Historic Jamestowne (the USA’s first permanent English colony), Jamestown Settlement (a living-history museum offering replica ships, forts, and Powhatan Indian village for kids to explore), Yorktown Battlefield (a National Historic Park which is the site of the last major battle of the American Revolution) and Yorktown Victory Center (a museum where you can learn about the American Revolution).
Other Vacation Fun
There are lots of other things to do with kids in Greater Williamsburg, so it really does give you the Freedom to Have FUN, regardless of what your interests are. There is plenty of great shopping, from the cute shops of Merchants Square to Williamsburg Premium Outlets. There are also golf courses, museums, music and art events, and much more.
When visiting the Greater Williamsburg area, there are also lots of lodging options for your family, including an inn right at Colonial Williamsburg, and a Great Wolf Lodge that is perfect for families.
To learn more about vacationing in Greater Williamsburg, visit these sites:
- Website: http://www.visitwilliamsburg.com/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/VisitWilliamsburg
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/VisitWmbg
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/williamsburgva/