When you think of Atlantic City, New Jersey, do you think of only of gaming and casinos? While Atlantic City may be known for gambling, there’s so much else to do with your family, many of which are reasonably priced. Here are 16 fun family things to do in Atlantic City, New Jersey – without ever stepping foot into a casino.
- Play at one of the free beaches in Atlantic City (no fee or beach tags are required)
- Climb up Absecon Lighthouse, which is the tallest lighthouse in New Jersey
- Rent a bicycle to ride along the boardwalk (allowed between 6:30am and 10am daily)
- Enjoy 43,000 acres of protected coastal habits and nature trails at the Forsythe Wildlife Refuge
- Play at one of the fun arcades on the Boardwalk
- Walk through the 6-story Lucy the Elephant, a National Historic Landmark
- Take a dolphin-watching or sightseeing tour on board the Cruisin 1
- Visit the Atlantic City Aquarium to see over 100 species of fish
- Learn about early American history at the Historic Cold Spring Village
- See glass, ceramic, flame work, woodcarving and more at the Wheaton Arts and Cultural Center
- Visit the 20-acre Storybook Land, an amusement park for kids, located right outside of Atlantic City
- Check out the Tuckerton Seaport Museum, a working maritime museum
- See unbelievable things at Ripley’s Believe It or Not!
- Have fun at the Steel Pier – the amusement pier right on the Boardwalk
- Shop at one of the many great stores on the Boardwalk
- Have a delicious meal at the family-friendly restaurants, including a location of the popular Rainforest Cafe
Wondering where to stay? There are so many options for families – from traditional casino resorts to bed and breakfasts. Atlantic City also offers standard chain hotels, which are reasonably priced. To learn more, visit the official website of Atlantic City, New Jersey.