With cooler weather, less travelers, and more off-season deals, fall can be a fantastic time of year to travel. There are so many different types of family vacations you can take in the fall, and Family Travel Forum and Taking the Kids has just put together a guide to fabulous fall getaways. You can find the guide on the Family Travel Forum website, but here’s an overview of what you’ll see there.
- Listings of loads of fall festivals throughout the country, from Nantucket, Massachusetts to Oceanside, California
- A directory of orchards and pumpkin patches across the US, perfect for a fall afternoon of fun
- An overview of Oktoberfest family events where kids are welcome
- Fall foliage road trip ideas and a directory of leaf peeper hotlines so you can view the leaves changing
- Camping ideas and locations for fall travel
- A listing of fun mountain resorts where you can enjoy an autumn stay before the busy winter ski season
- Recommendations for tropical resorts to travel to in the quieter fall season
- Ideas for fall campus visits for older kids
- Suggestions for city getaways in the cooler weather
- Halloween travel recommendations all kids – from little ones to older ones
Regardless of where you travel this fall, you can support Dine Out for No Kid Hungry by donating at a participating chain restaurant. There are 7,000 locations across the country. Learn more about the campaign, as well as see the entire fabulous fall getaways guide, on the Family Travel Forum website.
Get Our Free eBook
Subscribe to get our complimentary eBook with tips, tricks, and info for family travelers.