The Fairmont Scottsdale Princess, one of my favorite hotels in the United States, is once again hosting their “Christmas at the Princess” festival from November 20th, 2014 to January 4, 2015. The ice rink pictured above, as well as a four-story musical tree, the Princess Express Train, 2 million lagoon lights, snowfall, and a new holiday carousel are just a few of the highlights. Travelers to Phoenix can experience the holidays at the Fairmont Scottsdale Princess by taking advantage of the resort’s Magical Memories package. It includes overnight accommodations, a skating session for two adults and two children with skate rental, express VIP access to the Princess Express Train and a $10 donation to Cox Charities. Prices for the package start from $229 per night (a second rooms can be booked starting at $100 per night) plus taxes and a $29 resort fee. This package is based upon on availability from November 21, 2014 – January 4, 2015. Here’s some of what you can experience:
- The Desert Ice Skating Rink, which is open to the public, is $15 for adults, $10 for 12 and under, and $5 for skate rentals. It’s open for most of the winter, through Super Bowl Sunday.
- Lagoon Lights offers 2 million LED lights – visitors can walk through it or ride the train through.
- The new Christmas Carousel is open evenings with complimentary rides.
- A five-minute animated video show is projected against the resort at 6pm and 9pm in the Enchanted Plaza.
- The resort’s four-story tree has 67,000 LED lights that dance to 12 holiday songs from 6pm-9pm nightly.
- Photos with Santa on Friday and Saturday evenings from 5:30-8:30pm November 28th-December 20th, 2014. Photos are $10.
The event starts with a holiday tree lighting ceremony on November 20th (pre-show at 5:30pm – tree lighting ceremony is at 6:45pm). The skating rink, lagoon lights, and train also start that night. The event is open to the public, and is complimentary for resort and restaurant guests. Admission and parking for non-hotel guests is $30 for self-parking (up to 10 people per vehicle) or $40 for valet after 5 pm without dining.
For more information on the entire event, call (480) 585-4848, toll-free (866) 540-4495 or visit scottsdaleprincess.com.