If you are a road-tripping family like my family, it’s a tough balance to find the best family car. Do you focus on fuel efficiency? Cargo space? Ease of driving? Fun features? The new 2012 Honda CR-V offers a great combination of these features in one stylish, affordable vehicle.
Here are some of my favorite features:
- Gas economy – EPA-estimated 23/31/26 mpg city/highway/combined (of course, this will change based upon how you drive)
- Optional backseat DVD player
- Bluetooth connectivity (standard on all models)
- Rear backup camera with three modes (standard on all models)
- Pandora Internet radio (through an iPhone if you have one)
- SMS text messaging interface – it actually reads your texts aloud and can send several “pre-canned” messages (only available on select devices)
- Eco-Assist, which helps the driver learn how to drive the vehicle more efficiently
- Rear seat that folds with the press of a button
- Large cargo space which holds just about everything a mom needs to carry around!
Here’s a photo of the cargo space loaded up with some suitcases and a stroller.
Visit the 2012 Honda CR-V website for more info about the new CR-V.
Disclosure: American Honda paid for the majority of my travel expenses for this event. All opinions are my own.
Get Our Free eBook
Subscribe to get our complimentary eBook with tips, tricks, and info for family travelers.