Lake Placid is one of my favorite places to visit during the winter season. As the home to the 1932 and 1980 Winter Olympic Games, Lake Placid is one of the most quintessential winter destinations in the US. Any visit during the winter season will be wonderful, but the weekend of December 6-8th, 2013 will be especially festive because of the Lake Placid Holiday Village Stroll.
The Holiday Village Stroll includes the following:
- Two showings of the Nutcracker Ballet at the Lake Placid Center for the Arts
- Early online sign-up for the Jingle Bell 5K Walk/Run
- Ornament making inspired by Olympic medals at the Lake Placid Olympic Museum
- Traditional Yule Log hunt and Christmas tree lighting on the shores of Mirror Lake
- Free showings of The Polar Express and other kid-friendly movies at the Palace Theatre
- Free holiday story time, craft making, and candy house making
- Free wine tastings, gift wrapping and local store promotions
- A fire truck arrival by Santa
To celebrate the Holiday Village Stroll, several Lake Placid hotels are offering vacation package deals. Here are a few highlights:
- Golden Arrow Lakeside Resort – $179 per night includes deluxe village side accommodations, $50 in holiday shopping dollars, a holiday welcome bag, and breakfast Sunday morning at Generations Restaurant along with candy house making. Kids 12 and under stay free.
- High Peaks Resort – Starts at $199 per night for two nights of luxury accommodations and $50 in holiday shopping dollars.
- The Pines Inn – Offering a Family Package for a family of four at $119 per night with a holiday welcome bag.
- Mirror Lake Inn Resort and Spa – The Holiday Village Stroll Family Package starts at $599, and includes a two night’s stay for a family of four, breakfast, and $50 in holiday shopping dollars.
- Northwoods Inn – Starts at $210 for two nights of accommodations, breakfast for two each morning, admission to the art reception at the Cabin Gallery, $20 in holiday shopping dollars, and live entertainment and drink coupons at Delta Blue.
- Wildwood on the Lake – $199 per night for two night’s accommodations, a welcome box of chocolates and an undecorated locally-grown evergreen wreath along with daily hot chocolate and cookies served in lobby.
- Best Western Adirondack Inn – $139 per night for lodging accommodations, $20 in holiday shopping dollars, and a hot breakfast buffet each morning.
Photo credit: Lake Placid Holiday Village Stroll