If you are hoping to travel over the holiday season and haven’t yet booked your trip, you’ll want to hurry up. Rates are already high due to the peak season, and they are steadily increasing. Here are five tips to make sure you find the best deal possible:
- First, sign up for cash back sites, so you can at least get a percentage of your purchase back. We published a list of cash back sites here- sign up for all of them and go through each one to make sure you get the best deal.
- Use Bing.com/travel to get their fare prediction on whether you should purchase now or wait. You’ll also get a list of fares, so you can see what the best prices are.
- Be flexible with dates – by switching your dates by a day or two, you may get a much lower fare.
- Remember to check the Southwest Airlines and Southwest Airlines Vacations sites for pricing – Southwest doesn’t typically sell their products through other sites.
- If you have an American Express card, look into the pay with points program where you can purchase some or all of your travel with Membership Rewards points.
- Keep an eye on our travel deals page, where the deals are constantly updated.