Are you hitting the road this summer for a family summer vacation? If you haven’t planned something, there’s still plenty of time to book a road trip. Still looking for a destination? Here are Family Travel Magazine’s top destinations for summer family travel.
- Canada. Yes, I know it’s an entire country, rather than a single destination. But, Canada is a great trip for the summer – the weather is generally warm but not too hot. From Vancover to Halifax, and Banff to Quebec City, there are cities throughout Canada that are perfect for a family vacation. We’ll be visiting Halifax and St. John this summer on the Carnival Glory, and I’ll be posting full reviews in July.
- San Diego. The weather is almost always the same in this beautiful ocean-side destination. You can visit Legoland, the San Diego Zoo, SeaWorld, and Disneyland, all in one vacation. Stay right on the beautiful waterfront of San Diego, or consider staying in one of the beautiful suburbs, like Carlsbad.
- Colonial Williamsburg. Teach your kids about history with a trip to Colonial Williamsburg. Stay at the Great Wolf Lodge Williamsburg and enjoy the indoor waterpark and all of the other kid-friendly amenities. You can also check out Busch Gardens. Then, if you have extra time, drive to Virginia Beach and enjoy the aquarium and the beach.
- Colorado. I’ve actually never traveled to the Colorado area, but it’s definitely on my list of places I hope to visit with my family. From dude ranches and national parks to outdoor adventure activities, there’s so much you can do with your family.
- Vermont. For those living in the Northeast, Vermont is the perfect road trip for families. There are some great resorts, like Stoweflake and Smugglers’ Notch You can stop there on the way to the province of Quebec in Canada. And, there are loads of outdoor activities, food tours, and adventure sports to participate in.