Family vacations are not cheap. Between the airline tickets (that are usually not discounted for children), the attraction tickets, and the high costs associated with traveling during school vacations (aka when everyone else is traveling), you’ll definitely need to budget. However, there are some opportunities where you can save money and get some family vacation deals.
FamilyTravelMagazine.com is providing this information for your convenience and is not responsible for changes, typos, or errors. Please read the details of each deal on the company’s own website before booking.
Here are some current deals:
- Innisbrook Golf & Spa Resort, Florida: Nestled on 900 beautifully wooded acres just a quick trip from Tampa Florida, Innisbrook is a premier golf and tennis resort designed in perfect harmony with the nature. Accommodations include gorgeous guest rooms, spacious suites, six pools including winding waterslides, water volleyball, and complimentary transportation to the award-winning Caladesi Island ferry and Honeymoon Island Beach. Current deals include: Prepay and Save, Stay 3 or More and Save, Florida Resident Offer, and the Dolphin Tale Getaway. View site for full details on all deals.
- Reunion Resort Orlando, Florida: Reunion Resort features 360 resort accommodations including luxury condominiums, private villas and vacation homes surrounded by 2,300 acres of lush landscape. The resort also features elegantly appointed meeting space, a full-service boutique spa, multiple pools, slides, water playgrounds and a 1,000-foot lazy river. The resort’s hip restaurant called Eleven features a rooftop pool and nightly views of the fireworks from nearby Walt Disney World. Current deals include: Family Free-dom Package. View site for full details on all deals.
- Hammock Beach Resort, Palm Coast, Florida: The AAA Four Diamond-rated Hammock Beach Resort features over 300 accommodations, including a 12-story tower of luxury suites. It is famed for its two spectacular golf courses, a multi-level water and swim pavilion, indoor atrium pool, spa and fitness center, casual and fine dining restaurants, and oceanfront meeting and function space. Current deals include: Prepay and Save and more. View site for full details on all deals.
Tips for getting deals on family vacations
- Some hotels offer special packages that include attraction tickets, parking, and upgraded rooms. If you plan to use all of the components of the package, it’s likely to be a good deal – but remember to price everything out individually too. If you aren’t going to use something, the whole package may be more expensive than just buying separately.
- You can also get on the mailing list of group buying sites like Groupon.com that offer getaway flash deals, but remember to check the fine print, because you’ll often see blackout dates and other restrictions. These are often best for last minute trips.
- Don’t forget about frequent flier miles, as well as airline reward points (like American Express Membership Reward points). Be strategic with using them, and make sure you are getting the most for your points.
- For flights, check out our tips for getting the best price on your airfare. Tools like HipMunk, Kayak, and Yapta can be helpful to compare rates and decide if it’s time to buy. Flying Saturday to Saturday is often the most expensive, especially during school vacations.
- If you belong to AAA or another club, see if you can get a special rate on your hotel and/or attraction tickets. Employers often offer discounted tickets too – so ask around at work to see if you can get a great deal.
Get Our Free eBook
Subscribe to get our complimentary eBook with tips, tricks, and info for family travelers.