Are you going on a family vacation to Phoenix, Arizona? There are loads of family-friendly activities – beyond the kids’ activities that most resorts run. Here are my top five favorite family things to do in Phoenix, Arizona.
- The Desert Botanical Garden. This park is absolutely gorgeous, and there’s loads of kid-friendly exhibits, including the butterfly garden (seasonal). Go earlier, before the weather gets too warm, because it can definitely get hot there.
- Spring training baseball games. If you visit during the spring, you can check out major league teams up close and personal, and at a great price. All of the Cactus League teams now play right in the Greater Phoenix area, so you can catch several games during your trip. Even if your favorite team doesn’t play in Arizona, the games are still so much fun to watch.
- The Phoenix Zoo. The Phoenix Zoo, located right near the Desert Botanical Gardens, is one of my favorite zoos of all time. It features loads of exhibits, family activities, and kids’ programs. It also can get very hot, so visit in the morning and be sure to bring lots of sunscreen and drink lots of water.
- McCormick-Stillman Railroad Park. If you have a little guy who loves trains like I have, you’ll have to check out the McCormick-Stillman Railroad Park. There’s a playground, train, carousel, and lots of open space. We loved visiting this spot when the kids were little because there was plenty of room for them to run around and get their energy out.
- Hot Air Ballooning. Nothing promotes family bonding like a trip up high in the ski! Head out on an early trip on a hot air balloon, and you’ll never forget it!
If it rains on your trip, you’ll want to check out these activities for rainy or excessively hot days in Phoenix, Arizona.
Disclosure: I received complimentary admission to a few (but not all) of these activities during the Phoenix Media Trip I attended.
Get Our Free eBook
Subscribe to get our complimentary eBook with tips, tricks, and info for family travelers.